When striving towards a fat loss goal it’s important to limit the amount of bread that you eat, due to all the simple carbs. The recipe below is a great way to enjoy some bread while still maintaining your clean diet. It’s gluten free and uses flax meal and egg whites to create a soft, fluffy texture.
What you need
2 cups blanched almond flour
2 cups flax meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoons raw honey, melted
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
8 egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, flax meal and baking soda. Mix well and set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
4. Mix the honey and oil into the flax mixture, then quickly fold in the egg whites. Be careful not to over mix the egg whites, so the fluffiness remains.
5. Use an ice cream scooper to drop mounds of the batter on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Enjoy!
One serving equals 186 calories, 14g fat, 64mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 6g protein
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!
Owner and Lead Personal Trainer at Perfect Fit Wellness Center.